Monday 23 February 2009

transfer?

Firstly a big hello to the people who joined me on the TEFL course in england, i am glad you have taken the time out to come and read what is going on with me (also to every one else a big hello as well(dont want you feeling left out now))

i may be transferred to the other side of the city as i will be starting my new post in the new kindergarten on monday, so i will have to leave my lovely big flat,,,, we will wait and wee, there was tlak of a private car taking me to and from work each day, but if that is the case then i will have to also force that i am taken home during lunches and brought back again, i am not spending 5.1/2 hours of my lunch break sitting in the staff room.. no way...

my marking yesterday went very well and my class's this morning went well. Amy, one of the sweetest kids i have, has finally returned to school after being ill, only for another one of the good children to be off,,,, these are the kids i will miss when i leave this post to go to another, however, with such a new position the first months classes will be easy as there will only be 4 or so children in each class. my current classes are any where up to 30.
(not easy keeping control of so many kids)


my lessons this after noon will consist of a basic lesson in english followed by much praise for there pictures (most of the pics from the year below are better) and a shouting competition, TODAY IS COLD, YOU CAN EAT SNOW, DONT EAT YELLOW SNOW.
All very entertaining and the kids understand but the adults do not,,,, even though they may translate. i think there is something with age here that makes your imagination deteriorate at a rapid level.

Still i get my good TA today, the TA is actually a english teacher but she is so good that i have roped her into being a TA for what is meant to be her free period.

most the TA's here haven't been trained (well except in university) and dont understand you unless you put on an american accent.

I am going to do a seating plan, this will annoy the children no end, but the kids at the back of the class dont know there alphabet yet. and there for are falling more and more behind, while the ones at the front of the class and the right hand side are now very good at english, hey can read and speak and are starting to learn how to write,

No comments:

Post a Comment