Friday 20 February 2009

ppic



well here are some pictures of hebei
The picture of the great big hole in the ground is an example of Chinese engineering.
It is right next to a bridge,,,(dosnt fill me with confidence)

and the other pic is of the some students from one of my classes as they are trying to form a horse shoe,

When it snows here, there are people i can see from my window that are on top of buildings cleaning the snow, ie throwing it down to the ground where people are walking, it becomes very tricky to get out of my complex without getting snow shovelled on to you.

While taxis are plentiful, between 7.30 and 9.00 i becomes impossible to get one. so i leave from work at 7.20 then wait around at work until 8.00 when my lesson starts. i tried waiting from one at 7.30 on my first day, but the chinese have no sense of order and as soon as one comes its a free for all,

Last night we (me and liyang) went to a club, there was live music there and when there wasnt live music there was the DJ playing and dancers got up onto stages that are mechanised and lift them above the ground, veyr entertaining, also at about 11.00 the lights were dimmed further and glow sticks were issued to every one free of charge.

Interesting things:
1) you can go out in a group of 6 people, all eat and have food taken away and have 4-5 creates of beer delivered to your table, (each create is 11 pints ish) and pay a wallet breaking £4.00 each.
and my computers gone into slow mo so i will update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment