Monday 16 February 2009

First teching lesson

first 2 classes were with the same students, 5-6years old.
Well, what can i say, my first day as a proper teacher, and they give me a book and said 1 lesson 1 week, i started quite confident, then after 20 seconds it became apparent the kids already knew what i was going to say, they know the lessons for the rest of the year already, that have done the work!!!!!!!!!!! bugger.

After 1 1/2 hours incorporating 2 lessons with the same class, not much was done but all the staff that were watching me could tell i was very uncomfortable and with no material to go with,,,,, i may have well been teaching all you who read this blog (ie the english born and bread) about counting 1-5, for 1.1/2 hours.
Then at the end of the lesson my AT come up to me and said i should not be getting the students out of there chairs as they are going to primary school next year and need to learn to sit still from start to finish, bugger..

i don't think many teachers could have seen the fight between 2 students with a chair, as the chair went flying toward the door. and a stunned math teacher narrowly avoided getting her knee's damaged, while coming to investigate the nose and lack of teacher presents from the rest of the school. bugger...



Then my lext lesson.
Went well, i was supposed to teach a 40 min class, but no one told me to stop and no bell went so i continued until dinner time, all 4-5 year old students completely over whelmed by this mad english man who has just given them there longest lesson in there lives, i would like to thank the guy before me who nipped in and went through all my material for the lesson to the kids leaving me with nothing again, however, head shoulders knees and toes proved very useful for about 10 mins (tomorrow i am going over that and doing wheels on the bus,,, oh yes, that old classic), followed by what colours is this, followed by, there some colours on the floor, run to green, run to yellow,
However this class was not all bad as there were some very sweet students in there, desperate for my approval, at the end of the class, one girl asked me to put on her coat for her, i did so and found my self with 4 more coats being sent in my direction.
2 girls and 1 boy stood out, one of the girls was constantly running to me when ever i said ok. and the other girl was so shy she didnt say a word all lesson, until the end then spoke for about 2 mins without a break to me.... unfortunately i only understood a few words as it was in chinese,..,.,,.,.,.,.,.,,.
the boy tryed very hard to get me to pick him for every activity, when i did he would sit there not understanding what i have just asked of the class and asked for volunteers for.

Tomorrow. i have a plan, i went and spend 10RMB (1pound) on sweet stuff, ie chinese sweets, so i can bribe my classes to behave and make nose when i need it and silence when i request it.
The perfect solution, as i learnt over and over at the TEFL and in my course while being here, BRIBE YOUR KIDS AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT ANY THING ELSE.........

Tomorrows lesson should be very different, also i am including colouring and a animal recognition type thing,,, all should be smooth, if not then i will have to invest in better bribes...
will probably log in to tomorrow and let you know how the bribes have worked.... till then

Bye all....

what is happening at the moment, is when i come to use my computer it breaks after 5 mins, so i write every thing in the internet cafe first, email to my self then post it online when i get home as the internet cafe doesn't allow cookies so i cannot log into my blog from here,,, difficult or what???.. night night all

No comments:

Post a Comment